Tuesday, April 9, 2013

General Conference at the Cabin!

So it is that time of year again... April Conference!  Which means we all get to head up to my parents cabin for a weekend off out in the woods!!  I look forward to these weekends the rest of the year because they are so peaceful and it is just fun to be together without having to worry about all the other things going on!!
 
They are doing constructions on the road up so I had to stop and wait for a minute... but the sky is soo blue and the grass is green so I took a picture while I waited!!
 
Just some random pictures I took all around the cabin... unfortunately (or not...) it was raining the entire weekend.. so not much sunshine.  But I really love storms, especially thunderstorms so it wasn't that bad.  The cabin is obviously behind weather wise... so it isn't quite as much spring there as it is at home.

I waited all weekend but nobody ever lit the pile on fire... too bad it would be a sight to see!
 

 We always do a sister's craft on Saturday night when they guys are at priesthood meeting... this year we painted canvases!!

 
The creek is in full force... meaning the reservoir will be full soon!!

 
 I love spring skies!!  You can tell it is warming up by the fluffy white clouds!!


Baby Avery definitely has some teeth now!

This squirrel was trying really hard to watch conference with us... unfortunately we may have scared him off by taking pictures of him... hem hem...

It was spring break for Alana so she got to come up for a bit!


My dad would ride the bike up the hill so Alana could ride it down.. pretty good system! (wish I had thought of that when I was her age!)




Alana was my official tour guide and took me on several hikes through the woods.. 






 


Ellie was taking a nap pretty much the whole time that I was there with them... so this was one of the only pictures I got of her... she had just fallen in the snow and was cold so not many smiles..

It was a nice relaxing weekend and conference was wonderful... although I am definitely going to have to review some of it as I was a little distracted by the backs of my eyelids!

No comments: