Monday, October 22, 2012

Crusin' the Carribean

For Joni's big 26th birthday me and the sister decided to do something BIG!!  Last year her birthday turned out to be kinda a downer... so this year we made sure we would be giggling and laughing all week long!!  For those of you who know Joni... birthdays are a REALLY big deal... So we decided the way to celebrate was a cruise to the western Carribean!!  Seriously I think it is awesome that I got to go too... it was easier to wish Joni a Happy Birthday in the Carribean!!  So because I am not at all talented with blogger... actually it makes me CRAZY... I have all the pictures in random order... probably only bugs me but it is driving me crazy!!  Oh well...  hope you can catch on!
We made it on the ship... quite an accomplishment!! (and apparently we take awkward pictures..)
This is actually the end of the trip... :) our very last shore excursion to KENNEDY SPACE STATION!!!  I LOVED it!!  I guess this was my gift to me... hehehe... but was so awesome and interesting!!  Definately the entire park/museum was designed by engineers!! (funny sense of humor!!)

This was parasailing in Cozumel, Mexico... I was really not excited about going into the water... HELLO Sharks!!

For Joni's Bday we went Jet Skiing off the coast of Haiti!!!  SO MUCH FUN!! It was crazy and a little scary to be in the real open ocean with such clear blue water... seriously you could see all the way down... a little eerie when you are about to tip the jet ski over... ;)




In Jamiaca we kyacked over to the Dunne River Falls and climbed the waterfall... like literally!!! This was the safetly precaution set up... just hold hands so you don't fall!!  Haha!!  I really thought we were going to die on that waterfall!! Sadly we didn't have a waterproof camera so no pictures until the end... So this one is off google to demonstrate the safety of the hike!!
We were way excited to get off the waterfall!!




Just hanging around the boat... why not?!



Ha!! so these pictures are from the very first day when we stayed overnight in the Orlando Airport... YES the AIRPORT!!  How cool!!  This is our awesome room... and the hotel was complete with a pool and a gym... plus the airport under us was more like a mall.... could have been our whole vacation!!!


Joni had a problem with trying to jump off the boat!!

I did not have that problem....



Callie says I look like I am eating a Costco pizza in this picture...

Joni definately has the personality to pull off the rich girl hat!!


More to come on this... but this was the zipline we went on in Haiti!!!  I know you can't even see the bottom!!!  AHHHH!  It was the COOOLEST!!  We sailed over the top of the bay and landed on that little black dot on the other side!!!

Formal night... or as formal as I get.. :)

Getting ready for the zip line!!!


Warmest water... and so weird that it is sooo clear and salty.. never got used to the salt taste!!

This was taken from where we ziplinned from... yeah its a word I just invented it!!


So CRAZY!!

A cute Haitian man took this picture for Joni... proving we made the jump!!

I told Joni to look goofy... and this is what I got...


Haiti is BEAUTIFUL!

We can always count on Joni to do a supermodel pose anywhere!!

Joni wanted me to teach her how to wear a top-knot... Haha she is still learning!!

A real port hole!!!


Joni was REALLY excited for the oreo shakes at Johnny Rockets!!


These are at Seven Mile Beach on Grand Cayman!!!   WOW... it was seriously INCREDIBLE!!



Known for the beach and also for an amazing coral reef... we found out AFTER we walked on it... whooops!!!  Had no idea that is where we were at!!  We wondered why everyone else on the bus had snorkleing gear??  So we had to go pay the big bucks for a pair of goggles so we wouldn't miss out on the real view!!  Definately a different world down their!!!

Second formal night... we ended up eating pizza because we couldn't hack the awkward main dinning room again!!

Uh... Joni's formal wear... notice the people behind her... turns out they weren't excited about her tossing herself off the boat and got a little excited about it.... hahaha!!




We had such an AMAZING trip!!  Definately a once in a lifetime opportunity!!
 

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Yessss! I have been waiting for you to post about your vaca!! AWESOME!! I want you and Joni to plan my next birthday party!