One of the best parts of having a crazy work schedule is that I can play when everyone else has to work!! My parents were taking Alana and Ellie to the cabin because Alana had a day off school... and since I wasn't working... I went too!! I didn't get up to the cabin until about 1am.. and I slept in the same room as Ellie just in case she woke up and was scared... Well she did wake up.. but wasn't scared she was just VERY awake... at 4AM!! (I had no idea that time of the morning even existed!!) So me and Ellie had about 3 hours of quality playing time together... well mostly she played and I laid in my bed and grunted every few minutes.
I feel like these pictures require no explanations... this is exactly what she did.. read books, played on the bars in her bed, and then sat their looking for something more fun to play with...
Later in the day when everyone was up... BOTH Ellie and Alana let me do their hair... (this is BIG! neither of them like to ever do their hair so the fact that they were patient and let me play with their hair is HUGE!!)
This is also BIG... Ellie NEVER shares her blankets (known as her "pink one" and "green one") with ANYONE or ANYTHING!! So we were all very shocked to see that she was playing and sharing with the Moose.
Alana enjoying the nature walk.
This is how my Dad posed when I said "smile."??
Mom
HA!! So we were trying to get a picture of everyone on the trail... but Alana wandered off and got stuck... literally we couldn't pull her foot out!!
So dad went over to help her and Ellie insisted on holding on to his leg... it was all very funny to watch!! ...best part was it was not the only time Alana got stuck.. probably happened 4 more times after this, including some falls into the bushes with scrapes up her back!
Right here was Ellie's favorite part about the cabin... the TOP BUNK!! She would ask anyone who was listening if they wanted to go play with her on the bed! So I went to go play with her... and all she wanted to do was tickle my toes!! (it worked for me.. I just had to lay their and laugh!)
JEEP RIDE!! Alana loves the jeep and was probably on it 2/3rds of the day... Ellie however was very nervous about going on a Jeep ride.. especially without her carseat.. go figure? However, once she got in she couldn't stop screaming and laughing!!
Alana helped my dad unload the trailer... her job was to sit on the big stick and tell him stories.
On the drive home the sunset was AMAZING!! So me and Alana stopped in Huntsville to take a picture.
It was a ton of fun to hang out with the nieces, especially because it was up at the cabin!! I am so lucky to have parents with such an incredible place to stay at!!

No comments:
Post a Comment